Wrenching party

Post up future wheeling events, post pics or vids of past wheeling events here.
Necro

Wrenching party

Postby Necro » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Ok, so I just ordered a lift kit, shocks, wheels and tires, and a few other parts for my Jeep, and I'm going to need a hand installing them once they come in.

I'd like to have everything installed in time to go to Rausch Creek this spring.

I ordered a front axle sleeve kit, and a front axle truss, and control arm bracket skids that all need to be welded, so if someone can help me with those I'll gladly pay for your time and skillz as long as you're ok with PayPal.

Necro

Re: Wrenching party

Postby Necro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 pm

Welp, nevermind... looks like 4 wheel parts is full of crap. Their websight said they had everything in stock, but today I got a call saying the tires are on backorder, the liftkit is being put together and will take 10 days to get here after it ships, and half the other items may or may not be here in 20 days. They might have tires that are close to what I ordered in Fla, but they're not sure because the part number is off by 1 digit, so they're going to have those shipped to the store to see if they're close to what I wanted... but bottom line is that I won't have a lifted Jeep to wheel in Rausch Creek like I wanted.

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Just put the tires on with no lifting, they might fit.

MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Rock buggy is doing his gears this week.
Make America great...again!!!

MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Rock buggy is doing his gears this week.

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:44 pm

I'm doing gears probably Saturday . The Jeep is at my house but I'll have to take the carrier and pinion over to Ken's house or my work to press on bearings. Then back to my house to install. I've watched enough gear installs and help Grouchy with my front recently I think it's time I do my own gears. I went to Harbor freight and picked up some essential tools. I couldn't find a inch lb torque wrench for measuring pinion bearing preload so I'll either need to borrow one or hopefully Pepboys will have one for me to rent.

MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:29 am

I have a torque wrench.

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 am

It's a special torque wrench for measuring pinion bearing preload. I ordered one on the Cornwell tool truck and it should be here Thursday along with my gears at 4Wheel Parts. Should be ready to go Saturday.

MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Anyone wrenching this weekend?

Necro

Postby Necro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:43 am

MrSandman wrote:Anyone wrenching this weekend?

I have an overhead console, and a programmer that I'm planning on installing. I also want to adjust my tire carrier to put my spare 1 notch lower, and bring it in tighter to the carrier so it doesn't wobble....

I could bring it over to your place tomorrow if you're volunteering to help?

Return to “Trail Rides & Events”