What did you do to your rig today?

Here is where we chat about the weather, tell jokes, talk about cooking, etc...
Necro

What did you do to your rig today?

Postby Necro » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:06 pm

List up your newest mods and improvements you've made to your rig. Include pics if you can as well.

Necro

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Postby Necro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:04 am

Today I ordered:

4" Currie liftkit.
37" Maxxis Trep bias.
Rims.
Rancho 9000xls.
Tuffy overhead console.
Tuffy rear security box.

And a few other odds and ends...

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:02 pm

I took apart the whole front axle to install new ARB o-rings and everything went smoothly. I opened up the rear to do the same and discovered chipped and cracked ring gear teeth. This job just got bigger, went to 4 wheel parts and ordered new gears. They should be here next week so I can install next Saturday, one week before Rousch. I'm glad I found it now instead of breaking it completely at Rousch and driving 7 hours home in front wheel drive

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:15 pm

My CJ7 project is coming along. I won't be buying exhaust for it like I planned because of the gear thing with the other Jeep but I did trouble shoot the lights. Finally got all the lights blinkers and brake lights working. Just had to install a brake light switch on the brake pedal and the blinkers that were giving me so much trouble turned out to be corrosion on the fuse. The fuse was good because I checked it over and over but it just wasn't making a good connection, put some new flashers in too just to rule that out. I'll keep wrapping things up on this but it looks like the exhaust will be the only thing keeping this Jeep from driving down the street.

MrSandman

Postby MrSandman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Put a new steering stabilizer on and started my pre trip inspection for Rausch in 2 weeks.
Make America great...again!!!

Necro

Postby Necro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 pm

I ordered a full PSC hydro assist kit for my JK, and I dropped it off at 4 wheel parts to get my lift and everything else installed.

Rockbuggy

Postby Rockbuggy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Over the past 2 weekends I pulled both axles completely apart installing new air locker o-rings in both and new ring and pinion in the rear. After I got the Jeep drivable again I tried balancing the left rear tire that I believed was giving me vibes on the highway. Turned out the wheel was bent as hell so I traded wheels with my spare. Unfortunately I never noticed before, but the spare tire wheel is only 9" wide and the rest are 10". I'm out of time and money to do anything about it so I'll be rolling out to Rousch Creek with one skinny wheel. At least it will be a smooth ride and when I get there my air lockers won't be all noisy.

Tonka

Postby Tonka » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:17 pm

I ordered wheels and tires for the jk. Also ordered a spare tire delete kit for the jk and a slim bumper for the TJ from Barnes.

Tonka

Postby Tonka » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:11 am

Well colleen caught wind that I was getting rid of her spare. Needless to say I now have a spare tire and the rim is on the way. Three of of the new tires showed up today, somehow number 4 evaded it's siblings somewhere in laurel md..... Wtf :roll:

Tonka

Postby Tonka » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 am

Sold my tire carrier and picked up a Barnes bumper plate. I'm digging the rear clearance, now I need a fuel cell to get rid of the tank.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Return to “Open Discussion”